We’ve had a fantastic, long, hot summer – but now it looks like the seasons are finally changing. After a glorious few weeks with customers eating and drinking in the beer gardens surrounded by the heady smell of lavender, we’re now starting to move back inside as we’re starting to feel that first nip in the air. Here are five things we’re looking forward to now:
- Lighting the fires. There’s nothing quite to beat a real log fire, and we’ve got fireplaces in the dining room and bar areas set to go. When you come in chilled, it’s wonderful to take a moment to warm your hands at the blaze, and there’s something very comforting about those dancing flames.
- Walking in the Arboretum. It’s beautiful at any time of year – but the Quinta Lovell Arboretum really comes into its own in the autumn. Walk down the long avenues,and admire the golds, reds and browns of the trees mixed with bright berries. On a clear day there are sweeping vistas out over the Dane Valley as well.
- A pie and a pint. Could there be anything nicer? After a satisfying but chilly walk in the open air, come in, warm up and order your favourite tipple along with some real comfort food.
- Gearing up for Bonfire Night – yes, we know it’s a little early – but Bonfire Night is a great institution here, and one of the highlights of our autumn. A huge bonfire, fireworks, live music, lots and lots of traditional food and real ale – the countdown starts now!
- Autumn activities. Picking blackberries for crumbles. Having conker fights. Kicking up the leaves. Eating every kind of apple pudding under the sun. Need we say more?
Keep an eye on our events page to see what we’ve got planned for this year, and on our food page to check for seasonal menu changes.