It’s almost December, and we’re starting to get excited about all the parties and social events we’re hosting. Christmas can be a stressful time, so make sure you can relax and enjoy the day with your family by getting as organised as possible beforehand.
With three weeks to go:
- Make a list of everyone you need to buy a present for, and jot down any ideas about what you’re going to get them. Set a budget.
- Do as much of your shopping online as possible, including as many of your main presents as you can. This is a huge time saver, and means you won’t have to do battle with other stressed, frustrated shoppers. If you do need to visit the shops for any last minute stocking fillers, you should only have to make one visit. Shopping online also means you’re more likely to stick to your budget.
- Wrap your presents as you buy them, so that you don’t have to do them all at once. You’ll also know in plenty of time if you’re likely to run out of wrapping paper.
- Shop now for any food items with a long sell-by date, such as dried and tinned goods, Christmas pudding or cake, beer, wine and mixers.
Check and replace and damaged Christmas decorations, and check tree lights are working.
- Start writing your cards, and get them posted in plenty of time so that you can use second class stamps instead of first.
If you’re planning on a real tree, now’s the time to choose and decorate it.
If you’ve got family coming to visit, book any meals now as venues will become increasingly busy throughout December. Here at the Swettenham Arms, we’ve got seasonal menus running throughout December, great for a relaxing lunch or dinner during the run up to the big day. Why not combine lunch out with a walk round the stunning Cheshire countryside first? For more information or to book, give us a call on 01477 571284.